Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between your wax collections?
We offer four unique wax collections each with their own unique combination of flexibility, functionality, and signature colors. All of our sealing wax colors are made using a combination of real wax and resin to deliver flexibility and durability. All of our signature sealing wax comes in glue gun format sticks that will fit in a standard (0.44″ or 11mm diameter) glue gun.
- Our Original Wax Collection features our House Wax Formula which has vibrant colors and our highest level of flexibility. Perfect for curved surfaces, glass bottles, and packaging, we highly recommend this collection for any corporate application!
- Our Vintage, Modern, and Designer Wax Collections feature our Traditional Wax Formula which is slightly less flexible and has a higher wax content. Rich in texture with a wide range of luxurious colors, these collections are perfect for your wedding invitations, stationery, or specialty projects. Explore Our Signature Sealing Wax Colors.
- Our Eco Wax Collection features a beautiful selection of eco-friendly sealing wax colors made with 100% in-house recycled materials. Carefully crafted with re-purposed wax materials produced in our manufacturing process, these eco-friendly wax colors are rich in color with a level of flexibility best suited for wedding invitations, stationery and special projects. More information on our Eco Wax Collection can be found here.
- What is the difference between your die options?
- Our standard die is made of 100% solid brass and has been designed for simple artwork and small batch stamping only. Our standard die is included as the standard option for all wax seal stampers under 1.5″. This die will be finished with your choice of removable handle, and can be interchanged with all of your wax-works.com removable style dies.
- Our designer die is made of 100% solid brass and is designed for intricate artwork and large batch stamping. Weighted to hold temperature longer, our designer dies are designed for intricate artwork and high volume stamping. This die will be finished with your choice of removable handle and can be interchanged with all of your wax-works.com removable style dies. Upgrade fees apply.
- Created using our highest quality of 100% solid brass, these dies are designed for custom shapes, custom sizes, and large size wax seal stampers. Paired with our permanent handles, our specialty custom dies are perfect for complex family crests and unique shaped wax seals.
- What is the difference between your handle options?
Our removable handles come in dark wood or light wood options. These handles screw into the brass dies and can be used on all of your wax-works.com removable style dies. We also offer removable Aluminum and Brass handles for an additional charge.
Our permanent handles are all unique and hand carved. They come in a variety of finishes and styles. Your brass die will be permanently secured into the handle.
- I have a custom artwork. What file formats do you accept?
We prefer high resolution (300 dpi), black and white vector images without shading or 3D effects.
.PDF or .eps are our preference, but we also accept .ai, .jpeg and .gif.
The black area in your image will be RAISED when pressed in wax, so please send us your artwork as you would like to see it in your finished product.
- Can I mail my sealed letter?
Yes, due to modern day sorting machines we find that hand stamped letters fair better through regular post than self-adhesive seals. Breakable Wax is recommended for hand delivery only.
- What is your turn around time?
Most custom wax seal stamp orders can be produced in 1-2 business days.
- How many seals can I make per stick of wax?
Using our glue gun format wax sticks you can make:
3/4” round: 10-12 seals
1” round: 7-10 seals
1.25” round: 5-7 seals
1.5” round: 3-5 seals
1.75” round: 2-3 seals
2” round: 1-2 seals
- Where are you located?
We are located in, and ship FOB from Victoria, BC Canada.
- Can you rush my order?
Our standard production time is 1-2 business days. If you are in a rush, please let us know and we will ensure your order is processed quickly. We also offer expedited shipping through FedEx.
- I have submitted a form for more information, when will I hear from you?
We process emails from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm PST Monday – Friday. We strive to respond to all emails within 1 business day and will respond as soon as we can during our business hours! We process all emails in the order they are received.
We can ship anywhere that FedEx will deliver to! FedEx.com Destinations
- How is my shipping calculated?
Shipping cost is calculated by the weight of package, destination, and speed of shipping option. Our sales team will provide shipping information for your specific order in your quote via email. Please be sure to include your desired shipping address when submitting your request.
- What options do I have for shipping?
All orders are shipped from Victoria, BC Canada; therefore shipping options may vary depending on your location. We prefer to ship via FedEx, as tracking is available. If you choose to use General Post (Canada Post or USPS), there is no tracking available and Wax-Works.com cannot be liable for any missing orders.
- Can I have my order shipped directly to a client?
Yes, you can! Please let your sales representative know when placing your order. Please note that international orders shipped using FedEx will require signature upon delivery.
- Can I ship using my own account?
If you would like to ship using your account, please email us at email@example.com when placing your order and provide us with your shipping provider and account number. Our shipping department will coordinate shipment and you will be billed for shipping and insurance charges directly to your account.
- I want to upgrade my shipping, is express shipping available?
Yes, we offer expedited shipping to most destinations. If you would like to upgrade your shipment method, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 11am PST on the next business day after you place your order. If we do not hear from you within this time your order will be shipped via the original shipping method.
- My shipment has not arrived. What do I do?
As we are located in Victoria, BC Canada, orders are required to successfully pass through customs. Depending on volume and time of year, there may be delays. If time is a concern, please consider upgrading your shipping method to ensure that your order arrives in time.
If you selected to ship with FedEx, the tracking number will have been emailed to you. If your order says that it has been delivered, we recommend that you make a claim with FedEx using your tracking number. Please email us at email@example.com as well so that we can assist you.
If you chose to use regular post, there is no tracking available; therefore we are not liable for any undelivered orders.
- Will I be charged any additional duty fees or taxes on my order?
As we are located in Victoria, BC Canada, any orders shipped within North America under $1000 will be covered under the North American Free Trade Agreement, and will not be subject to additional duty fees or taxes.
- Are your prices in USD?
- What methods of payment can I use?
We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, and PayPal payments.
- I want to use my American Express or Discover Card. How do I do that?
As we are in Victoria, BC Canada, you will need to pay via PayPal if you would like to use your American Express or Discover Card for payment. You do not need a PayPal Account to do so. If you are completing an online order please select the PayPal option. If you are processing a custom order via email with us please let us know that you would like to process your payment via PayPal and we will we will send you an invoice.
- I am trying to enter my payment info, but I do not have a PayPal Account. What do I do?
Anyone can submit their order via PayPal without an account! Simply select the “Don’t Have a PayPal Account” option and you can enter your payment information using the credit card of your choice.
- I only have a Debit Visa, am I still able to order?
Of course! Simply select to pay via PayPal, and you will be redirected to PayPal.com where you can pay with your Debit Visa.
- I do not want to enter my credit card information online. Can I still order from you?
Absolutely! We accept Visa and MasterCard over the phone to ensure that your payment information is not shared electronically. Please call us with your payment information at 1-877-373-5513. We cannot accept Debit Visa over the phone.
- I want to cancel my order, can I do this?
If you wish to cancel your order, we need to be notified via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 7am PST the day after your order is placed. If we do not hear from you by that time, your order will continue as scheduled.
- Can I return my order?
As each of our products are hand crafted and customized, we do not accept returns.